Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 4- Down goes the Tile!

Travis started laying the tile this weekend. I was pretty worried because I had to work this weekend and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to sleep with all the noise. I slept just fine! It took him all day Saturday and Sunday to do the kitchen/dining room. He'll be working on the hallway tonight. We need to get the tile saw back to the rental place! Travis was so sore and worn out last night that we decided we would just rent the saw for another day! He is working so hard! It looks great.
We picked 12x24 tiles and laid them in an off-set pattern. They were more difficult to lay than Travis had anticipated, but then, what goes smoothly when you are renovating? Hopefully we will be grouting soon. We'll also be repainting the walls and taking down the upper cabinets.
You may be able to see the texture on the tiles if you click on the picture to enlarge it. I absolutely love these tiles and they may be my favorite part of the kitchen. Once upon a time, I told myself that I'd never pick a light tile again...they get so dirty. I guess I'll be cleaning my floor more often from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment